Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Vinegar and Baking Soda

My husband and I have a fun habit of discussing how different our little men are, personality wise. Last night he made an oh so minor slip and called them "Oil and Water" which sent me off on a crazy ever so long tangent about my husband's error. I told him they were really more like Vinegar and Baking Soda. After the initial giggle, my brain, as it is apt to do, started over processing on how entirely accurate this metaphor is.

My Vinegar Boy...he's a little sour but ads tang to almost every situation to which you add him...particularly those that involve meat or veggies. He's a little hard to take in large quantities, but once you get used to cooking with him, he's addictive.

Baking Soda...he makes everything around him light and fluffy. So fluffy that you can't help but smile when you see him on the list...and you know you'll probably take a little too much and end up with a stomach ache. He goes best with all things sweet...terribly appropriate.

You put them together and they start out with a sweet little fizz that ends up in a bubbling cauldron of emotion, resulting in a huge mess all over the damn kitchen.

...
Too much time on my hands or too much time cleaning up after my children? Take your pick.

No comments:

Yes, I did.


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.