Monday, July 24, 2006

Pondering the divine

I was laying in bed with my son tonight, I seem to be doing that a lot lately to help him go to sleep. I started re-reading "The Artist's Way" tonight. Well ok, I started re-reading the beginning because I never made it past maybe the first chapter or two when I tried to undertake it ten years ago. So anyway the introduction is all about how the author sees the divine, no matter how you define it, as a free flow of creative energy. And she talks about just opening up and letting whatever is inside of you out. So I'm laying there kind of thinking about this and I think I'll just lay there and try to let something out. This is what came to my mind.

There is this little scrunchy looking cartoon woman with long pigtail braids huge eyes and an over bite who has come upon this mountainous but very smooth uniform thing, which she assumes to be a boulder, I was reading about energy vortexes in Sedona, AZ recently, which is where Cyndi says I should live, I think this is where this comes from. Anyway, in a very "Cliff Hanger" fashion she begins climbing this thing and finally, clumsily struggles her way to the top, which is a flat smooth plain, and she gazes up into the sky...only to realize she has just scaled the toe of God. As she stares gaping into the sky a voice booms down at her...

"My Child.."

She gasps for air and trembles, "Yes?"

"You are standing on my foot."

No comments:

Yes, I did.


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.