Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mommy

I came home tonight so tired. I worked less than 8 hours but had been going constantly for 12...no help in sight. I need to do laundry and go to the store. I want to crawl into bed and cry.

I did crawl into my bed for a few minutes. And I thought, "I want my mommy!" Actually, I don't want my mommy. I want A mommy. Somebody who makes it all better, who takes care of it behind the scenes and is there to stroke your hair and let you cry when you need to. But in this life, I'm the mommy...I have been for a long time now. And not only do I have to do that for my kids, I have to do it for myself. It's ok, I can do it, but it's kind of like eating a gourmet meal that you slaved over all day long...it just doesn't taste quite the same as it would in a fancy restaurant.
Maybe not the deep meaningful post intended by the dare to do this journal, but I'm tapped today. I'll be more than a mommy tomorrow...today it's all I got.

No comments:

Yes, I did.


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.