Sunday, February 17, 2008

Trapped in an alternate universe

I probably shouldn't complain. I'm spending my afternoon with the five year old...the picky one. About an hour ago we started discussing options for lunch. He didn't want this sandwich or that soup. Nope, no left over spaghetti or chili. He would have settled for some beanie weanie, if I had either the beans or the weanies to make such a thing. So I did the only thing we could do, we went on a tour of the kitchen, me fully expecting to be feeding him cereal with syrup or somthing. You have to understand, this is the child who won't eat green M & M's for fear that they are vegetable like. So you probably can understand why I nearly fainted when after a cursory glance at the fridge, he announced he'd have a salad...no, no meat required.


If he finishes up and goes up to clean his room I'm calling the police.

1 comment:

MadMad said...

I dunno, salads seem like so much work, ya' know? All that washing and chopping... If it were one of my kids, I'd probably think it's was just something new they'd drummed up to test me...

Yes, I did.


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.