Friday, May 23, 2008

I can't believe I forgot..

I didn't inform blogland that Emily's arm was saved! She still faces two surgeries on her lungs but she is doing really well. I was thinking about this because my local radio station is doing their annual fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network and interviewed a local family whose daughter's story was hauntingly familiar, but the little girl lost her arm and ultimately her battle with cancer. It was horrible to hear this mother tenderly recall her daughter's last moments. But I know she hopes like I do that the efforts of fund drives like this will help thousands more kids...kids like Emily. The boys collected coins for the drive this year, we'll be donating them in Em's name.

1 comment:

Miri said...

I missed the beginning of Emily's story, but I am so glad to hear that she is doing well.

Yes, I did.


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.